With the warmer weather comes the luxury of sitting outside in the sunshine with a great new book; whether it’s at the beach or in your own backyard, there is something so relaxing about opening those pages as the sun warms your skin & the breeze ruffles your hair. This summer, I’m really looking forward to delving into some books that have come highly recommended from dear friends of mine. These avid readers from both Vermont & Boston have always been great sources of literary endorsement. And since I’m feeling inspired by this beautiful weather to get outside, what better way to celebrate the season (and the recommendations of friends), than to pass along some of their recently cherished reads? If you see me out & about with my nose in any of the following books, feel free to stop and say hello!
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, by David Wroblewski
- The Lace Reader, by Brunonia Barry
- Kitchen Table Wisdom, by Rachel Naomi Remen
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
- The Invisible Wall, by Harry Bernstein
Happy reading…and happy Spring!
–Contributed by Lori Watts/Picture courtesy of rtable.net